Schengen C-type visa
The unified Schengen visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen states) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen states.
The Schengen visa with limited territorial validity (C-type visa valid only in Poland or with validity excluded for a specified Schengen state/states) only entitles the holder to stay in the territory of the state/states for which it is valid.
The duration of stay for foreign nationals in Poland or in Schengen territory (holders of unified C-type visas) is indicated in the visa (“duration of stay” expressed in numbers); a stay of this kind is only possible during the validity of the visa (“visa valid from….to….”).
The documents you need when submitting a C-type Schengen visa application:
1. Travel document:
- valid at least three months after your planned departure from Poland/Schengen territory;
- with at least 2 blank pages;
- issued within the last ten years.
2. Completed and signed visa application form.
3. Biometric photo.
4. Visa fee.
5. Health insurance of at least EUR 30000, valid in the entire Schengen territory.
6. Supplementary documents, confirming:
- the purpose of the visit,
- possession of accommodation;
- possession of sufficient funds to cover the cost of entry, stay and departure from the Schengen territory or Poland;
- willingness to leave Schengen territory after the expiry of the visa.
The types and number of supplementary documents may differ depending on the consular office. In this connection, we advise you to contact the relevant consulate to obtain full information concerning the documents needed when submitting a visa application.
Go to e-Konsulat to apply for the visa!
Citizens of the following countries are not required to be in possession of a visa when entering Poland for less than 90 days – click here to see the list of visa-free countries